The Great Boys campaign for Crescent School aims to raise $30 million. It is the most ambitious fundraising effort in the School's history, coinciding with Crescent’s 100th anniversary in 2013. The campaign is in support of the School's most recent strategic plan, which has been designed to advance the School in a progressive manner, with continued emphasis on Crescent School’s acknowledged strengths - academics and character development.
While Crescent has grown tremendously since its inception, our evolution continues today, with our campaign goals very much grounded in the Centennial Strategic Plan and in our mission.
Crescent will remain committed to enhancing Excellence in the Academic Preparation of Boys.
Education is a dynamic concept, after all, and the School is focused on:
- Additional one-on-one support in literacy and numeracy
- Smaller class sizes for more individualized learning
- Support for organizational skills
- Enhanced university preparation
Crescent will also continue to enhance Excellence in the Character Development of Boys. In 2005, Crescent adopted its new mission statement Men of Character from Boys of Promise. Everything that takes place at Crescent, whether in the classroom, in the hallway, on the playing field or through involvement in outreach, provides our boys with an opportunity to develop their character, exercise judgement and make sound choices.
- Character education is everywhere by design; woven through all curricular and co-curricular programmes
- Faculty are always in search of that “teachable moment”
- Students learn equally from their successes and failures
- Character-in-Action programmes (Athletics, Performing Arts, Robotics, Leadership and Outreach) offer students experiences that reinforce Crescent’s core values